Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 1 Observation

Before starting my observation for week 1, as I was picking up my MicroAquarium it slipped out of my hand and fell to the floor. I lost almost all of the water, but was able to retrieve most of it off of the ground using a pipette to suck it up. Since I dropped it, I am sure I lost a lot of organisms that have been accumulating over the week.

Even though I spilled my aquarium, I was still able to find some pretty interesting organisms. One of which being a annelid, that was living at the bottom of the aquarium and feeding off of the plants that are in there. I also observed something that was characteristic to an annelid, a nematode that was just swimming around the aquarium, not staying in one place very long. Another was an euplote that was doing a lot of floating around within the aquarium.

No comments:

Post a Comment